Checklist For Moving
Using a checklist for moving can keep you from forgetting things. Important things, like turning on the electricity in your new home, or filling the heating oil tank. Of course you have to make your own moving checklist, but you can start with the suggestions here.
Checklist For Moving – A Month Before The Move:
– Submit your change of address forms to post office.
– Obtain documents for school transfers, if you have children.
– Find a moving company, and make reservations.
– Give your new address to friends and family.
– Hold a garage sale or otherwise lighten the load.
Checklist For Moving – One Or Two Weeks Before:
– Move your banking accounts to the new location.
– Return rented movies, books to library, etc.
– Get your prescriptions transferred to the new location.
– Clean your house.
– Call for utility shut-offs and new connections.
– Dispose of things that won’t be moved.
– Begin packing and labeling boxes.
– Organize and pack an “essentials” box for arrival (toiletries, paper plates, etc.).
– Final moving plans (make hotel reservations, get maps, etc.).
Checklist For Moving – Day:
– Remember to eat.
– Start early.
– Check every room and storage area.
– Turn off all lights, lock the doors.
– Give the keys to the new owner or real estate agent.
There will be many more items to add to your personal list. Begin writing down anything you think of as soon as you know when you’ll be moving. Can you have your new phone ready to use when you arrive at your new home? Will you need to return across the country because you forgot about a safe-deposit box? To avoid problems like these is to start early on your checklist for moving.
JOIN THE MOVEMENT – BECOME A SAVE-A-HOLIC TODAY!!!